“Accident prevention is everyone’s responsibility.”
You have probably heard the above statement more times than you can remember! Safety has to be the responsibility of every one of us in the workplace. No one person can constantly watch, guide, and instruct every operation every day.
At ATALIAN, our organization’s Quality, Health, Safety, Environment, and Management team makes everyone’s safety a priority; however, it’s important that everyone also takes part in this initiative to ensure consistent, good practices within our work and home environments.
We strive to provide the tools for everyone to do their job safely which requires a level of awareness beyond the immediate task at hand. The accident prevention trainings that we offer, the established work procedures, the general safety rules, and the use of common sense all make it possible for our employees to go home after work healthy and free of injuries.
We’ve implemented Building Effective Safety Teams (B.E.S.T.™), which creates a win/win environment that empowers teams to collaborate with supervisors and managers toward common Company, Quality Service, Safety, and Performance Goals.
Below are some great suggestions from our professionals at ATALIAN for a safe work environment, always:
- Always ask questions related to task/job hazards and the safety controls designed to reduce or eliminate their occurrence or impact.
- Ensuring you have the proper PPE as defined by task/operation-specific hazard analysis and that it is in working order.
- Ensuring all required training is completed within the mandated timeline.
- Abide by all company safety policies and procedures and questioning the same where misunderstanding may result in a loss event.
- Preventing or halting co-workers from engaging in at-risk behaviors through active and passive observation and awareness.
- Actively participating in safety awareness initiatives and committees.
Always remember—your responsibility for safety and accident prevention does not stop when you leave the jobsite. At home, behind the steering wheel, even when on vacation, you need to keep a watchful eye. Not just for your own well-being, but also for the well-being of those you care about.